John D. Weaver, LCSW, BCD, ACSW is a founding partner of EYE OF THE STORM, Inc., a private consultation and education group practice specializing in disaster mental health, crisis intervention, and risk management related training and support. Weaver has been an active volunteer with several organizations including the Mental Health Association and the American Red Cross (ARC). He has assisted at several local and national disasters. In recognition of his service to the organization, ARC has presented him the Clara Barton Honor Award for Meritorious Volunteer Leadership. Weaver is donating half of his royalties from one of his books – Disasters: Mental Health Interventions (1995, Sarasota, FL, Professional Resource Press; phone 1-800-443-3364) – to the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund and his publisher, Larry Ritt of Professional Resource Press, is matching his donation.
Articles by Mr. Weaver on this site are:
- Supporting Abuse Victims with Psychological First Aid
- Three Questions About Retirement’s Effect on the Retiree and the Spouse
- Emotional First Aid: Supporting Others in Times of Crisis
- Emergency and Disaster Preparedness Checklist
- Sudden Death in Disasters and Accidents: A Guide to Survival for Family Members and Friends
- Disaster Mental Health